Continuous Delivery Kickstart
A two-day technical workshop for developers, operations people and project managers.
Teams who practise Continuous Delivery are ready to deploy their code at a moment's notice. They automate mercilessly, maximising the time they can spend on new features. Repetitive, error-prone release procedures are a thing of the past. By the end of this very hands-on course, you'll have gained the skill and experience to apply this groundbreaking technique at your own company.
What are the benefits? Why Continuous Delivery gives you a competitive advantage
IMPROVE BUSINESS AGILITY
Continually convert business ideas into delivered, working software, allowing you to easily respond to market demands.
Streamline the pipeline from the developer's fingertips to your users' desktops.
No more late nights or working the weekend panicking over production problems.
We'll give you the big picture, so you can see how each of the technical practices will work in your context. You'll learn why each technique is useful, as well as how to do it.
A New Team Dynamic
You'll experience how a deployment pipeline allows us to deploy code in much smaller batch sizes, iterating more quickly. We'll look at how automating the integration, test and release processes can change the way that a development team behaves, and the way we think about developing new features.
Choosing the best tools
Different tools serve different purposes. We'll look at the different types, and put a selection together to form a deployment pipeline that is more than the sum of its parts.
Back in the real world
You're probably working on existing projects rather than starting shiny new ones. We'll show you pragmatic steps to start introducing Continuous Delivery techniques on an existing application.
Detailed Learning Outcomes
By the end of Continuous Delivery Kickstart, we expect delegates to have learned:
- What Continuous Delivery is and why it is useful
- The relationship between version control, build, testing, deployment and release
- What a Deployment Pipeline is, and how to set one up
- Using a Continuous Integration server as the engine for the deployment pipeline
- The landscape of different tools available that help with different phases
- The difference between Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
- The importance of automated testing in Continuous Delivery
- Testing in representative pre-production environments
- How we can use metrics to make decisions about the success of features
- The effect of small batch sizes
- How Continuous Delivery relates to the ideas behind Lean Startup
- Techniques for using the cloud to streamline the delivery process