Sandi Metz's Practical Object Oriented Design
Transform your code! Join the author of Practical Object Oriented Design in Ruby for this acclaimed course.
Using hands-on exercises, we'll demystify time-tested OO techniques. You'll write code, learn to recognize and solve common OO problems...and return home to save money each time you put your hands on the keyboard.
What are the benefits? Why you would be crazy not to attend this course.
Write simple code; get features out the door quicker.
Untangle the mess; make it easier to add new features.
Stop wasting time & money dragging around your big balls of mud.
What is OOD?
Absorb the fundamentals of Object-Oriented Design.
Practice, Practice, Practice
Much more than just swallowing a textbook on design patterns.
Refactor with confidence
Expand your toolkit with new skills to improve your code.
You'll be pairing for days with a dozen other design-obsessed people.
Detailed Learning Outcomes
By the end of Practical Object Oriented Design you will have learned how to:
- Apply the SOLID principles to your own code
- Decide what belongs in a single class
- Add new features without changing existing code
- Design objects that plug together like Lego
- Avoid entangling objects that should be kept separate
- Balance Inheritance vs Composition
- Refactor safely to achieve the design you want
- Concentrate your engineering effort for maximum effect